Help with the Conbook
Theme and Deadline
All submissions must be in by May 1st.
Note: our con book is a PDF download and is not printed as a physical book.
How to help
- Full page ($90): 10 inches tall, 7.5 inches wide.
- Half page ($40): 5 inches tall, 7.5 inches wide.
- Half page ($40): 10 inches tall, 3.75 inches wide.
- Quarter page ($20): 5 inches tall, 3.75 inches wide.
The con also accepts equal-sized ad trades with other conventions.
- File Format - Please submit as a single TIFF image or as a PDF, CMYK color, at 300 DPI.
- Submission & Payment - Please email con book lead (firstname.lastname@example.org) with ad submissions. An invoice will be e-mailed to you. Payment can be online through PayPal or by snail-mail.
- Maturity Level - Maximum maturity level for artwork submissions is young-adult (13 years old). Anything depicting violence, or anything implying or depicting nudity or sexual acts will not be accepted.
- Size - Your submission may be any size or aspect ratio. Your submission may be resized to fit available space.
- Completion level - Artwork must be crisp and ready for print. No sketches please.
- File Format - Please submit as a TIFF or PDF image in CMYK color at 300 DPI.
- Maturity Level - Maximum maturity level for writing submissions is young-adult (13 years old).
- Strong Language - Strong language (swearing, etc) is allowed in submissions, but please use it tastefully.
- Length - Set your word processor to use an 11-point serif (Times-style) font, 1-inch page margins, single-line spacing, and limit the length of your submission to four pages or less with these settings.
- Illustrations - If your story includes illustrations, indicate the position of illustrations by inserting “####filename####” in your story. Please use “####”* that is our search key.
- File Format - Please submit your story in Microsoft Word (.doc) or rich text (.rtf) format. If your story includes illustrations, please include your illustrations in TIFF or PDF format, CMYK color.
- Wait, Recipes? - Yes! We hope to include a small 2-to-4-page section of recipes, just for fun!
- Category - Please list if your recipe is intended to be a side dish, main dish, dessert, beverage, or other. This allows the con book staff to organize the submissions.
- Content - Please include:
- Your name (fan name or real name)
- List of ingredients with quantities stated
- Optional ingredients, if any
- A color photo of the finished dish, sized 5 inches by 3 inches, 300 DPI, landscape orientation.