2500 East 2nd Street, Reno, NV 89595
The spacious Grand Sierra Resort and Casino is BLFC’s host hotel.
Book A Room
Our Hotel block is sold out! If you are still looking for a room and don’t mind sharing it with someone, please consider using ConRoomies to find some crash space.
- If you want host a party on the Hospitality Floor, please use the application form.
- NO ELEVATORS? If you want to avoid elevators all weekend, please apply for the noisy floor! Party hosts have priority there, but everyone is welcome. You must be willing to tolerate noise and never issue noise complaints.
- You will be charged a deposit for the first night when you book, which is refunded if you cancel the room later.
- Your credit/debit card must have an expiration date AFTER the con.
- To book by phone, call 1-800-648-5080 and use the booking code that reveals with the booking link above.
- To book a suite, book by phone and give them our booking code. Suites in the Summit level are discounted 25%. Suites in the A Hotel are not discounted this year.
- If you want a suite, book a regular room first during the initial rush, then call to have them convert it to a suite. That way you still have something if the suites are full.
- If you want extra peace and quiet, please apply for the quiet floor. Volunteers have priority there, but anyone is welcome. This floor also offers a way to avoid elevators.
- If you smoke, and can tolerate some noise bleed from the Hospitality Floor: please call the hotel and put in a request to be on the smoking floor. Every person we can put on that floor lowers the chance of the hospitality floor being hit with noise complaints.
- Recreational marijuana is now legal in Nevada, but the hotel does not allow consumption or possession of marijuana on-property, in hotel rooms, or even in your car in the parking lot.
Rooms also require a daily $25 resort fee which pays for wireless internet, an airport shuttle (runs every half hour), parking, bottled water in your room (refreshed daily). The resort fee (plus tax) is charged separately when you check in. There is also a $1 per day housekeeping tip charged to your room, which you can optionally have turned off at check-in. If you want to leave a bigger tip, you may still leave cash tips in your room.
The Summit at Grand Sierra
Remodeled in 2013. Rooms on higher floors. Rooms have fridges and microwaves.
- 3 days: $156 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 4 days: $144 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 5 days: $137 per night, plus taxes and fees
The “A” Hotel
Remodeled in 2017. Rooms now have fridges, after the remodel.
- 3 days: $176 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 4 days: $164 per night, plus taxes and fees
- 5 days: $157 per night, plus taxes and fees
Prices shown are based on average per-night cost. Taxes and fees apply: Add $25/night resort fee, $2/night tourism fee, and 13% tax. Automated emails may mention a charge for 3rd and 4th roommates, but those are waived if you book in our block.
- Debit Card Users: please click here to read this
- The hotel holds an extra $50/night from your card when you check in. If you check in using a debit card, this will reduce your available balance. It may take as many as 10 days after checkout to be returned to your account; your bank controls that, not the hotel. Tip: if you’re eating in on-site restaurants, charge to your room to utilize this tied-up money.
- What is the Resort Fee?
- This hotel charges a daily resort fee in addition to your room rate, which pays for the airport shuttle, parking, pool, gym, internet, and free bottled water.
- What is the Tourism Fee?
- A fee mandated by the City of Reno for all hotels, instituted in 2015.
- Is there a ‘party floor?’
- The closest equivalent is the Hospitality Floor. Feel free to apply.
- I hate elevators!
- If you’re willing to tolerate the noise of the noisy floor and not issue noise complaints, apply for the noisy floor.
- Is there a quiet floor?
- Yes! please apply. Volunteers have priority there, but anyone is welcome. This floor also offers a way to avoid elevators.
- Check in/out times?
- Check in after 3PM. Check out by 11AM.
- I require two beds.
- Write “2 beds” in the requests section. Or declare 4 people in the room. We recommend doing both.
- How many rooms?
- The hotel has 2,000 rooms. Our block has about 1200.
- I want to room next to my friends.
- After booking online, just call the hotel with the confirmation numbers and ask to be placed together.
- What’s the best way to bring in my luggage?
- You may not use the front entrance as a loading zone, and you may not use the bell carts. Please park in self-parking, and then hand carry your luggage to your room. We recommend bringing your own folding cart. Or, you can park in the front entrance, and leave it up to the valet parking and bellmen to move your car and luggage. Last we checked, there was no official fee for this service, but tips are expected.
- Can I pre-pay for my room?
- Yes, just call the hotel with your confirmation number. You’ll need to get a form from them, and fax in a copy of your credit card and the completed form.